Video Channel

Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens


At the end of Caine Road is the Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens perching causally on the slope of Victoria Peak. The 5.6 hectare site is divided into two parts – eastern and western – by Albany Road.

Founded in 1871, the site was originally known as Botanic Gardens, which was renamed in 1975 as Botanical and Zoological Gardens with the addition of zoological exhibits to the garden.

The eastern part is home to a variety of reptiles and mammals, while the western part, aka the Old Garden, features a green house, a fountain terrace and aviaries.

On top of the beauty of nature is a list of historical importances, including the Memorial Arch, the Pavilion and the bronze statue of King George VI.

Albany Road, Central, Hong Kong
2530 0154
www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/parks/hkzbg