Australian property has long been proven as a safe, secure and profitable investment. The rates of new Australian properties per sq. meter are amongst the lowest in the world, while the rent returns are amongst the highest. (Source: Global Property Guide and Citylife, new build property)
The Housing Industry Association (HIA) in September 2011 released a report that indicated that unless action is taken, Australia will face a shortage of houses of over half a million within the next 9 years, based on current supply and demand issues. Australian property also offers overseas investors the following:
- A freehold, secure title.
- Opportunity to achieve capital gains.
- A reasonable deposit is all that is needed to enter the market.
- As owner, you can control many aspects of the investment.
- There is a ready and increasing supply of quality tenants.
- There is fair landlord/tenant legislation.
- There are exceptional tax benefits.
- ou can “add value” as the property ages, increasing dramatically the market price.
- It needs very little monitoring. There are professional property managers.
- You do not need to actually sell to get your money out.
- Unlike shares, it is much harder to make a truly poor direct property investment.
- Virtually all Australian banks accept Australian property for security.
Real Estate is a necessity, people need shelter, and they need someone to provide it. There has been enormous demand in the past, and there will be huge and continuing future demand.
- What is so special about the Australian housing market?
- The secret to property market in Australia
- Aussie Dollar and Property Cycle
Get a full report on Australia Property here: http://www.squarefoot.com.hk/citylife
Content provided by Citylife International Realty