Savory egg custards are easy to make, nutritious, fat free and goes great with rice. You can even spice it up by adding all sorts of ingredients into it, such as minced pork, mushrooms and seafood. For my dish, I added some fresh shrimp.
What you need:
How to make:
- Peel the body of the shrimp and leave the shells on the heads and tails intact. Cut off any spiny bits, such as the legs and whiskers.
- Devein the shrimps, wash thoroughly and dry with paper towels. Arrange into a shallow serving bowl.
- Break the egg from the top and carefully leave most of the shell intact, so you wind up with a “deep container”:
- Empty the contents of the egg into a separate bowl, season generously with salt and pepper.
- Using your “egg shell container”, measure two containers’ worth of water and add it into the egg mixture. Beat thoroughly.
- Pour the egg mixture into the serving dish with the shrimp. Spoon off any extra froth.
- Steam the egg COVERED on high heat for about 8 minutes, or until eggs are set and shrimp is pink and cooked.
- Sprinkle chopped scallions over the top and serve.
Recipe provided by www.love2eatalone.com