Spices, herbs, coconut, tamarind and seafood … the wonderful flavours of Southeast Asia, all fused together in one big bowl. Other than the exciting and exotic flavor, it’s also super easy to make. If you can boil water, you can make this dish. Try it one night if you feel like something exotic.
What you need:
How to make:
- Boil water and cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions. When done, drain and rinse under cold running water in a colander to wash away the starch. Drain thoroughly and put into a big serving bowl.
- Boil water again to cook the string beans until it is cooked but still crunchy. Drain, rinse under cold running water, drain again, and arrange them around the noodles in the serving bowl.
- Boil water again, this time with about 1 1/2 – 2 cups. Dump in the chopped tomatoes, fish curry powder, tamarind paste, fish sauce and palm sugar. When the mixture comes to a roaring boil, put in the shrimp.
- Take out the shrimps when cooked and arrange them in your serving bowl with the noodles and the string beans.
- Add the coconut milk into the broth. Turn off the heat just when the mixture comes back to a roaring boil.
- Pour the broth over the shrimp noodles in the serving bowl. Top with cilantro and basil.
Enjoy! Go ahead and slurp it all up if no one’s watching. It’s so delicious!
Recipe provided by www.love2eatalone.com