There are pet-friendly restaurants in Hong Kong. As mentioned in our “<a a="" HK Facts” section, there are a good collection of restaurants in Tsim Sha Tsui, Wan Chai, Causeway Bay and Central.
Currently, there is very limited transportation option for our pets. In most cases, you will have to take the taxi, or drive around town. With a good collection of the pet-friendly restaurant on the Island side, you can also do a city-walk with your beloved dogs.
Our editorial team has tried this route several times, and it seems to work out great for most large breed dogs. If you are walking with a smaller breed, you can consider shortening the trip by cutting out check point 4 and 5, and take the cab to TST from anywhere along your walk towards Central.
“A Day with Pet” – Hong Kong Walking Tour
- Check Point 1: Light breakfast in Causeway Bay.
- Check Point 2: Follow the tram track, stroll around the Happy Valley Race Course through Happy Valley, and out to Wan Chai.
- Check Point 3: Have a light Lunch in Wan Chai. Rest your feet and the paws.
- Check Point 4: Stroll towards the harbor front, then walk along the shoreline from Wanchai to Central.
- Check Point 5: Walk up to Lan Kwai Fong or Soho area for an afternoon tea/coffee.
- Check Point 6: Take a different route, and walk back to the Central Pier and watch the Sunset. Then hire a cab to TST.
- Check Point 7: Dinner at TST.
If you are looking for a more scenic tour from Tsim Sha Tsui to Shatin, you may also apply to join the “99Bus X NPV Pet-Friendly Bus Trial Run” campaign. If the “Pet-Friendly Bus” becomes permanent; this is definitely another milestone in making Hong Kong a much pet-friendly city!
Visit this page for more details: http://www.facebook.com/events/225021614291760/