Have you tried making your own oyster dish at home? Sounds exotic? This Japanese Style Oyster Rice Pot is easy to make and it’s 100% oil free. Picture the oysters’ natural sweetness fully infused into pearly grains of rice granules. So so yummy!
What you need:
How to make:
- Rinse the oysters thoroughly to get any gritty bits out.
- Mix the broth base ingredients to a mix, and bring it to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Drop in the oysters. Remove from heat when the whole thing reboils.
- Drain the oysters, reserving the broth.
- Cut the oysters into bits the size of your thumb.
- Add enough water into oyster broth to make up 3/4 cup minus 1 tbsp. of liquid.
- Dump the washed rice and the oyster broth into the rice cooker and cook rice according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Halfway through the cooking process, when you see that your rice cooker is steaming, put the chopped oysters on top of the rice. Close lid and continue cooking.
- When you rice cooker says it’s cooked, it’s ready. Enjoy!
Recipe provided by www.love2eatalone.com